Friday, August 22, 2008

Surgery is done

Surgery went just as the doc expected. She was able to do it laprascopically, so I have three little "holes" in my tummy. One at my belly button and two a little lower on each side of me.

I was home the next day by 1pm and have been up and about (to from bathroom, kitchen, etc) since that day. They pain is definitely there, but bearable. The pain meds help A LOT. Strong pain meds tend to make me sick to my stomach, so she prescribed me something for that too, but I really haven't needed it.

Basically, I'm awake for two hours or so, then sleep for two hours or so. I actually slept for about 6 hours tonight (it's 4:40 am right now) and I'll probably be heading back to bed in 20 mins or so.

My friends have all been wonderful. I've gotten phone calls and texts from most everyone who is important to me and I've been well taken care of at home by PEM and various friends. Sonia stayed with me Wednesday night for a couple of hours and today PEM goes back to work, so both Robins are taking a shift today. :-) We had made the plans to have them here, since we weren't sure how I'd be healing, but I think I could actually be on my own today if needed. Still nice to have someone here during my waking hours. :-)

So, thanks for all of your thoughts, I really truly appreciate it.

Smiles, lulu

No comments: