Monday, April 21, 2008

BIZARRE!

I had a very bizarre experience Friday.

I had gotten home early because we were going to head to South Carolina to see PEM's parents.

There was a knock on my door, which I ignored. But they knocked a couple more times, so I figured I had to get it.

At the door was a woman in her late 30s early 40s, her truck in the street outside of my house with her kids in it.

She tells me she is the original owner of the house. She recognized that I was not the person she sold it to. And I tell her no, that we bought it from that girl 3 years ago.

She tells me, "I want to buy the house back."

I was stunned. I wondered if I was still sleeping. I tell her that I'm sorry but that I really love the house and can't imagine moving.

She goes on to tell me that a little while back her husband was in an accident. He has some damage to his brain. He has NO SHORT TERM memory, but does have his LONG TERM memory. So any time they go somewhere and then head home...he gets upset and agitated because they aren't going to what he remembers as HIS home. (My house!). They are the ones who planted all of the trees and put up the fence and covered the patio.

She went as far as to offer me an even trade on her home that is on a golf course in a gated community, same bedrooms/bathrooms as ours, but with a basement. Unfortunately, there is no way we could do that since that house is so far away from where both of us work and from Alex.

She suggested a house that is for sale on the same street that I live on, and is bank owned. It's the same layout as ours.

I promised her I would talk to PEM and I would at least think about it but that I seriously doubted that I would move.

This story sounds so bizarre and is so odd, but I swear it's true.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them that you know of?

Any suggestions or insight?

I'm 99% sure this isn't a scam. The woman's name is the name of the original owner and she knew every tree in our back yard without going back there.

Believe me, if we even consider moving, we wouldn't do it without speaking to a real estate lawyer and our agent first.

It's definitely something to think on.

Smiles, lulu

No comments: